acronymic - Find The Impossible Here.Readers And Writers Wishes.

Readers Wishes Search Your Wishes Here

Search And Read. Daily IQ Improvers....

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

acronymic

Acronymic Burlesque in the Shape of Some Pairs

This content is PDF only. Please click on the PDF icon to access.
The scene is the office of Dr. Nejim, young physician, avid reader of the nation's leading journals of medicine. Mrs. Sniff has just come in.
Dr. Nejim: What can I do for you, Mrs. Sniff?
Mrs. Sniff: That's what I've come to ask you.
Dr. Nejim: Very funny, Mrs. Sniff, but seriously, what is bothering you?
Mrs. Sniff: I want you to do something for my cold.
Dr. Nejim: COLD? Did you say COLD!!!? You came in at the right time. I have just read an excellent article on surgical treatment of COLD (1), and the outlook is not as
FULL TEXT

Calling all citizen scientists!

No result found, try new keyword!The great Backyard Bird Count (or GBBC, as it’s known in today’s acronymic world) is a great chance for you to get outside, and since you don’t have to go far (you really don’t have to go farther than ...

Acrimoniously anti-acronymic

(This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff)
Wednesday May 27, 2015 · 3:54 PM PDT
2015/05/27 · 15:54

Snob
I just finished reading what promised to be a good diary, judging from it's title but I was put off in a major way by the use of unexplained acronyms.No acronyms without explanation! (0+ / 0-)A presumably good diary such as this is marred by the liberal use of acronyms which are not explained in the text.  As such it makes the reader unfamiliar with these abbreviations numbly continue reading or stop the process in order to research the intended meaning.  Acronyms are a form of snobbery--if you don't get my acronymic meaning, then you aren't worth the time of day.
My background is in a field loaded with acronyms.  Stop using them without explanation!  Otherwise, you are an elitist punk!  Communicate--be clear--don't abbreviate--don't assume your readers are as up to date as you in your arcane restrictive vocabulary.
I chose to stop reading your diary because it is too effortful to hunt the meaning of your acronyms.
Say what you mean and mean what you say!  But by all means make it understandable--don't be an elitist snob. Poll 12 votes Show Results How many of you love un-defined acronyms 12 votes Vote Now! How many of you love un-defined acronyms
I do--I Work in government
I don't--I want to understand what I read
I don't care because I don't want to understand
{{backgroundUrl avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment