Aimee - Find The Impossible Here.Readers And Writers Wishes.

Readers Wishes Search Your Wishes Here

Search And Read. Daily IQ Improvers....

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Aimee

Be You: Aimee Boyd Robinson

Aimee Boyd Robinson is in the spotlight for this week's Be You. (Photo11: Aileen Bennett)
Aimee Boyd Robinson is an office manager at Postlethwaite & Netterville. She is the kind of person who doesn’t just stand up for what she believes in, she fights for the rights of others too.
Aimee has passion for doing what is right, it’s been with her since an early age. Recently she has led the charge to hold Lafayette City Marshal Brian Pope accountable, and to let the drag queens read to kids at the library. Aimee is feisty and fair, she advises people to always be respectful to others, but still take action - and she lives by her own words.
Aimee is thoughtful and determined. She is driven to make her (and our) community a better place for everyone. Read her idea of happiness - it will tell you all you need to know.
What was your first job?
I was a waitress. I loved it!
Describe a typical day in your life.
Coffee, check messages and use my commute to talk to text to my community peeps all of my ideas and rants, while the caffeine is still doing its best job. If it’s a week day – once I get to work, it’s tax time. The evenings stay busy with community meetings and time with the hubby, the dogs and the gym.
What advice would you give the younger you?
Give it time, you’ll figure out what motivates you.
What event in your life most shaped who you are now?
There is no one event. It’s a culmination of experiences. If I had to sum it up? Moving to Lafayette 23 years ago.
What values do you live by?
Just be NICE, DO the right thing, and STAND UP FOR THE THINGS YOU BELIEVE IN.
What do you most appreciate?
The opportunity to serve those who are less fortunate and need help getting a seat at the table. Serving others is the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
What is your favorite journey?
Life, of course. It just keeps getting better.
Where is your favorite place to be alone?
Outside with my plants.
What living figure most inspires you?
My husband. He is the epitome of decency.
What was the best advice you were ever given?
“Let’s move forward.” I have a tendency to over analyze mistakes.
What book would you tell everyone to read?
"What to Say to Get What You Want," by Sam Deep. I have had a copy in my possession for the last 15 years, but keep replacing it because I keep giving it away!
What is the best thing about where you live?
We designed our dream home, in a community I enjoy working hard for. It’s a win/win.
How do you let the good times roll?
I am a homebody for the most part, but I love a good brunch or dinner with my girls. I’ve got phenomenal friends; they are my good times.
What did you want to be when you grew up?
An accountant, and ironically I was bad at math. Yet at 41, I went to work for a large CPA Firm. Life is weird.
What is your motto?
It’s fine. It’s gonna be fine. (I have another, but I don’t think you can print it!)
How would you like to be remembered?
Regardless of what people think of the issues I fight for (or against), I hope that they can separate their personal beliefs and at the end of the day say “I could make a difference for something I believe in, too.” Because you can. It helps if you don’t care what people think of you – you can’t let that get in the way of doing what’s right. 
What do you say to yourself when you doubt yourself?
I don’t doubt myself. I am fortunate to have good instincts, and I’ve learned from past mistakes. There are no failures, just minor setbacks.
What three things are vital to BEing YOU?
This is a real answer. I need a paper planner, the ability to curse freely, and a hot minute to think of a back-up plan.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
“It’s fine. It’s gonna be fine!” “For lack of a better term” and one that I am pretty sure you can’t print.
What is your favorite word?
It’s seriously not printable, so use your imagination. If you know me, you already know – I don’t hold back.
What do you collect?
Do high heels count?
What food could you live on for a month?
Francois Poupart’s chocolate mousse.
What would you change about yourself?
Not. One. Thing. Sorry, not sorry!
What literary, movie or cartoon character do you most identify with?
So she’s from a T.V. show, not a movie, but Leslie Knope. When I’ve had a terrible day my husband will say “I think you need some Knope”.
Describe yourself in five words.
Persistent, determined, bossy, organized and informed.
What is your idea of happiness?
Everyone having a seat at the table, and not having to fight for that seat – when other people start making room at the table instead of acting like the table is full, THAT will be my happiness.
What is your favorite movie?
"The Program." I’m a football movie junkie. 
What music defines who you are?
I listen to a bit of everything, my gym playlist has literally EVERY genre – and if you know me, you know that no one thing defines me or who I care about.
What do you most regret?
I don’t regret anything. Everything I’ve done has led me to where I am.
What question do you wish I'd asked?
What’s your next project?
What would the answer be?
Moving the mindset. 
Be You: Hunter deBlanc
Be You: Crystal Snider
Read or Share this story: https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/entertainment/2019/02/20/you-aimee-boyd-robinson/2882185002/

The Cult’s Ian Astbury, Black Ryder’s Aimee Nash Offer Cottage in the Hollywood Hills (EXCLUSIVE)

February 19, 2019 9:45AM PT
English rocker Ian Astbury, frontman of the Cult, and Australian singer-songwriter Aimee Nash, one half of the art rock duo the Black Ryder, have a 1920s Spanish cottage tucked into a tree-shaded hillside along a winding street above L.A.’s historic Beachwood Canyon available at not quite $1.6 million. Acquired in 2012 for just under $1.1 million, the modest and attractive if not exactly inexpensive white stucco residence sits atop a street-level two-car garage with three bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms in close to 1,800 square feet.
Authentic details such as colorful tile accents and chunky carved-wood ceiling beams provide architectural interest and gravitas to the sleek, dark-stained hardwood floors and chalky white walls. Flooded with filtered light though huge, multi-pane windows, the living room features a simple but imposing fireplace. The separate dining room is informally open to an up-to-date kitchen arranged around an island with a strict black-and-while palette. With French doors to a Juliet balcony, the master bedroom includes a skylight-topped en suite bathroom. One of the two guest bedrooms opens to a terra cotta-tiled terrace notched into the steep hillside behind the house. A storybook stone stairway winds down to a courtyard-style patio with hot tub.
The Astbury-Nashes recently upgraded their residential circumstances with the $1.65 million purchase of a 1920s Mediterranean villa in L.A.’s Los Feliz foothills sold by stand-up comedian, actor and podcaster Bill Burr.
listing photos: Compass
Leave a Reply Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to Variety Today. JavaScript is required to load the comments.

‘Floribama Shore’ nominated for 2 Reality TV Awards

Do you follow each episode with love? Or hate-watch with glee? Either way, you can’t deny that “Floribama Shore” is making its mark in the entertainment world.
The MTV series, which includes Alabama native Aimee Hall, was nominated for two Reality TV Awards this week, in the categories of Best New Show and Best Guilty Pleasure Show.
Fans determine the winners of these awards by online voting, and the ceremony -- although not as prestigious as the Emmys -- is a barometer of popularity in the reality TV world. Voting is now open and runs through March 18, according to the awards’ Facebook page. There’s no word yet on when winners will be announced, but in previous years, the awards were given out in September in Los Angeles.
“Floribama Shore,” which recently concluded its second season, focuses on eight 20somethings who share a house in Panama City, Florida. Booze-fueled hijinks are a crucial part of the show, resulting in bar fights, hookups and squabbles among the housemates. Tearful reconciliations are commonplace, as well, as the cast members share their feelings and hug it out.
MTV's 'Floribama Shore': Everything you need to know before Season 2
Hall, 25, from Perdido, is the only Alabama member of the cast, but she’s an important one, earning the status of fan favorite for her two-fisted approach to life and plainspoken ways. During the second season, Hall was charged with battery after a bar fight at Ms. Newby’s, a bar and package store in Panama City Beach. Although she was not jailed, Hall was handcuffed, taken into a police car and released.
Viewers haven’t seen the full aftermath of the incident, or how she fared during a court date, but on a post-season episode that aired on Feb. 7, Hall revealed that she’s been in an anger management program.
Hall, a self-proclaimed “Princess Goddess Mermaid,” also trained as a mermaid at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park in Florida during Season Two. She worked at a hot dog joint in Panama City, engaged in some heated battles with fellow castmate Gus Smyrnios, had a short-lived tiff with her BFF, Nilsa Prowant, and doled out plenty of country-girl wisdom.
Hall also revealed a tender heart under her tough facade, taking care of her friends and admitting to her own insecurities and frailties.
Along with Hall, Prowant (who’s from Panama City) and Smyrnios (from Tallahassee, Florida), the cast of “Floribama Shore” features Jeremiah Buoni of Amelia Island, Florida; Candace Rice of Memphis; Kirk Medas of Atlanta; Kortni Gilson of Panama City; and Codi Butts of Westminster, South Carolina.
MTV has yet to announce plans for Season Three, but the series, a spinoff of “Jersey Shore,” has been a good performer for the TV channel, drawing more than half a million viewers to each episode and peaking with nearly a million viewers for its Season Two debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment